The Schoolies Hub is the best place to party on the Gold Coast. Everything you need to know about your free entertainment precinct on the beach.
Information about Schoolies celebrations in Airlie Beach.
Looking for the best place to party at Schoolies? Head down to the Schoolies Hub beach party right on Surfers Paradise beach - the only true beach party on the Gold Coast.
The Schoolies Beach Hub is a fenced, alcohol and drug-free entertainment precinct that is open every night from 7pm.
The best part of all is that it’s free to attend – you just need your official Schoolies Beach Hub wristband to gain entry.
Schoolies Beach Hub wristbands are not linked to accommodation bookings.
You do not need to purchase anything. Access is 100% free. All you need to do is register for your free Schoolies Beach Hub wristband.
Oh, and the Schoolies Beach Hub is only for genuine Year 12 school leavers – no toolies, droolies or moolies allowed.
- Every night from 7pm – midnight
- Saturday 16 – Friday 22 November 2024
The Schoolies Beach Hub is located on Surfers Paradise beach – right at the end of Cavill Mall.
How can I get in to the Schoolies Beach Hub?
Entry is 100% free. You do not need to purchase anything. You just need your official Schoolies Beach Hub wristband to gain entry as the Schoolies Beach Hub is for genuine Year 12 school leavers only.
Register for your free Schoolies Beach Hub wristband via our wristband registration page.
What’s happening at the Schoolies Beach Hub?
Every night (Saturday 16 – Friday 22 November 2024), from 7pm through to midnight, we’ll be featuring different DJs across two stages.
On Tuesday 19 November, the gates to the Beach Hub still open from 7pm but we switch gears with our music and entertainment line-up with Tuesday Night LIVE!
The only way you can get in is by having your free Schoolies Beach Hub wristband.
Conditions of entry to the Schoolies Beach Hub
When it comes to the Schoolies Beach Hub, we are committed to providing a safe and welcoming space where all Year 12 graduates can safely, and happily celebrate.
The Schoolies Beach Hub has a ‘zero tolerance’ policy towards sexual assault, intimidation, violence and harassment, related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, race or religion.
- Everyone has the right to feel safe and have a good time.
- Access is a privilege, not a right.
- Respect your fellow Year 12 graduates by making good choices.
The following conditions of entry to the Schoolies Beach Hub must be adhered to (or you risk being ejected and having your wristband confiscated).
- entry restricted to genuine Year 12 school leavers only (you must have your official Schoolies Beach Hub wristband to gain access)
- smoking is not permitted, including the use of electronic cigarettes (vaping) or similar devices
- sexualised behaviour without consent is assault (including groping – keep your hands to yourself)
- moshing, circle pits and crowd surfing are not permitted
- aggressive behaviour will not be tolerated
- no bags allowed*.
Management reserves the right to:
- refuse entry to any person
- inspect any bags, clothing or other items at entry point or within the Hub
- refuse entry and confiscate wristband if found to be cut, tampered with or not belonging to the registered wearer.
The following items are not permitted:
- illegal substances (controlled, dangerous or illicit drugs and drug paraphernalia)
- items that could cause harm or public nuisance (firearms, knives, flares, fireworks, smoke bombs, explosives, or chemical substances)
- glass (including bottles), cans or drink containers
- laser lights
- aerosol cans or bulbs
- inflatable products or projectiles
- bicycles, scooters, skateboards and rollerblades/ skates.
A person may be ejected from the Hub where that person:
- is deemed by management to be displaying offensive, disorderly or unlawful behaviour
- enters the Hub or other restricted internal area without proper authorisation
- fails to comply with these conditions of entry or a lawful request from management.
Call it out! If you witness any of your peers not abiding by these conditions, please notify your nearest security guard, police officer or volunteer.
*Clear plastic pouches will be available at the Wristband Centre – grab one when you get your official Schoolies Hub wristband. These can be worn in the Schoolies Hub. There aren’t any cloak room facilities so we strongly suggest you leave bags and valuables at your accommodation or at home.
Accessibility and the Schoolies Beach Hub
All graduating Year 12 students are free to celebrate the end of their schooling in a safe and happy environment. We welcome schoolies requiring different accessibility needs to the Schoolies Hub. We have designated areas inside the Schoolies Beach Hub that provide a comfortable area for schoolies to celebrate with their peers.
Parking options are available close to the Schoolies Beach Hub entry for eligible patrons.
To make accessibility arrangements, please contact Safer Schoolies HQ at SaferSchoolies@des.qld.gov.au and one of the Safer Schoolies team will be in contact to discuss your needs directly.
The Safer Schoolies Gold Coast Response is activated during the peak Schoolies period from Saturday 16 – Friday 22 November 2024.
The week that follows is sometimes referred to as ‘Week 2’. If you are visiting the Gold Coast after Friday 22 November 2024, all enquiries regarding entertainment, tickets and passes etc need to be referred to your booking agent or entertainment provider.
‘Week 2’ support
If you are celebrating Schoolies on the Gold Coast after Friday 22 November 2024, know that support on the ground is available.
- Chill Out Zone - providing a safe and supervised chill out space for those who are drug or alcohol affected, offering free water, first aid and general support. Operated by Gold Coast Youth Service, the Chill Out Zone van can be found in the nightclub precinct on Orchid Avenue, from 9:30pm nightly.
- Red Frogs – whether you need help mediating a problem with your roommates, a walk home back to your accommodation or would simply like a visit or a pancake cook up for you and your mates, well Red Frogs Australia are your people. Their team of volunteers are available to support you in your accommodation.
Call the Red Frogs hotline on 1300 557 123 (available 24 hours a day).
Please note: this is not an emergency hotline. Schoolies requiring emergency assistance should always call Triple Zero (000).
- Emergency services – Queensland Police Service and the Queensland Ambulance Service will also have a highly visible presence on the ground providing the community and schoolies with additional support.
- Gold Coast Mental Health and Specialist Services - 1300 MH CALL (1300 64 2255) for 24/7 specialist mental health care, advice and support.
Additional support –check out our additional support page for further support services available.
Registration open soon
Bring your QR Code & school ID
Visit the Wristband Centre when you arrive in Surfers Paradise to collect your wristband
Wristband = Entry
Show your wristband to security
Celebrate in the Schoolies Hub
Nightly from 7pm